- Adheres to all safety rules and regulations along with the Company’s Standard Operating Procedures.
- Lays out, aligns, fits and welds fabricated steel components to assemble structural forms.
- Assembles structures such as pallet rack, cantilever rack, portable rack systems, industrial steel containers and industrial guard railing.
- Reads blueprints and weld assemblies to comply with engineering standards.
- Enters accurate quantities, material used and time in MD link.
- Bolts, clamps and tack-welds parts to secure in position for welding.
- Sets up equipment and welds parts by hand on automatic MIG welding equipment.
- Repairs products by dismantling, straightening, reshaping and welding as required.
- Maintains baseline production rates.
- Operates forklift to safely move materials.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- 1-3 months related experience and/or training
- AWS Certification-to be provided by Steel King
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos
- Apply skills to carry out instructions furnished in written and oral form
- Satisfactorily perform essential duties
- Write simple correspondence
- Effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to other employees
- Add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Regularly stand and walk for extended periods of time
- Regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts
- Occasionally exposed to vibration
- Noise level is usually high and ear plugs are required
- Use hands to feel, finger or handle all types of materials
- Frequent reaching, bending, pushing and pulling
- Stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl and occasionally sit, climb or balance
- Requires regular lifting of up to 50 pounds
- Specific vision requirements; close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust your focus
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential function
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the position. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time with, or without notice.
Steel King Industries, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. This means that we do not discriminate based on race, creed, color, national origin, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, or other classification protected under applicable law. Reasonable accommodations will be considered for qualified applicants.