- Responsible for concept design, drawing, and completion of container projects.
- Projects testing & improvement.
- Obtain quotes on components to fit the needs of the company & customer.
- Works with consultants for each job.
- Works to develop a working relationship with all sales groups within & outside of Steel King Ind.
- Prepare drawings of product components using Autodesk Inventor (3D) and/or Autodesk AutoCAD (2D) for product development, project proposals, engineering, manufacturing, and customer approval purposes.
- Prepare manufacturing BOMs.
- Maintain project drawing files, associated records, and other documentation per policy.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Identify opportunities to improve profitability and do Hoshin Kanri work (lean manufacturing principles and deployment).
- Build teamwork between the Sales department, Engineering department, Manufacturing department and other functional groups.
- Minimum of a 2-year Mechanical or Civil Technology/Engineering degree.
- Proficient in Autodesk Inventor (3D) preferred or similar 3D parametric modeling software.
- Proficient in Autodesk AutoCAD (2D) preferred.
- Proven ability to manage multiple jobs at one time.
- 1-3 years of experience working in a design position, preferably in a steel manufacturing setting.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- General understanding of steel manufacturing methods and processes such as welding, forming, drilling, punching, etc.
- Strong organizational skills, positive attitude, and an ability to learn quickly.
- Excellent math skills.
- Basic computer skills (Windows), Microsoft Office.
- Exposure to a CAD data management system – Autodesk Vault preferred.
- Good interpersonal/communication skills – both verbal and written.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills.
- Operate CAD equipment, plotter, and other drawing reproduction equipment.
- Self-starter that can work with minimal supervision.
- Strong problem solving skills with attention to detail and quality minded.
- Able to work in a very fast-paced environment.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, talk and listen; occasionally stand, walk, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; occasionally exposed to large machinery, work sites, and high noise levels. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Employee signature below constitutes employee’s understanding of the requirements, essential functions and duties of the position.