The Entry Level Programmer will report directly to the Vice President of Information Technology. This person will develop a working relationship with all employees within and outside of Steel King Industries, Inc.
- Assist in code, test and maintain computer programs under supervision of the department head or other programmer positions.
- Possess basic skills understanding of programming basics and data storage and relationship principals.
- Complete small projects assigned by the Vice President of Information Technology and/or the Executive Committee of Steel King Industries, Inc.
Significant Knowledge/Experience Required
- Basic understanding of the .NET Development Environment and have the ability to read and understand existing code written in C#, ASP.NET.
- Entry Level knowledge of SQL Database programming language.
- Familiarity with Excel, Word, Power Point and other MS Office programs.
- Entry Level understanding of Windows operating systems, hardware and peripherals
- Interest in and the ability to keep up with emerging technology trends.
- Interpret and apply IT laws, regulations, policies and procedures
Skills and Abilities
- Basic written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to complete for simple projects related to IT from existing specification or pseudo code.
- Basic use all of Microsoft Office applications.
- Understanding of Microsoft operating systems including Windows 10 or current Windows OS release.
- Ability to quickly learn new software applications as needed.
- Provide technical assistance for some computer problems related to development.
- Read and understand technical manuals.
- Work for extended periods of time at a keyboard/terminal.
- Maintain effective working relationships with supervisor and co-workers.
- Work flexible hours including weekends and evenings.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Bachelor’s or Associate’s Degree in Computer Programming and Analysis or life experience equivalent.
Allocation of Time70% Program Development and Analysis
- Assist with requests for modifications/enhancements of user systems.
- Work with other programmers or department head to clarify program objectives.
- Analyzes, reviews and rewrites programs to increase operating efficiency and adapt new requirements.
- Recommend procedural changes/modifications to obtain required results.
- Recommend changes to automate manual procedures.
- Assist in developing demonstrations to identify system requirements or gain approval of proposed modifications.
- Assist with data conversion plans.
- Assist with test plans as needed for projects including test data input.
- Assist with writing user and system documentation as needed.
- Assist with post implementations support for programs and modifications.
- Assist with support for some purchased software.
- Provide guidance and training to other IT department personnel as needed.
- May be required to assist with informal/formal training sessions for end users
- Recommend and assist in establishing departmental standards used in program development.
- Responsible for personal time management and reporting if required on a project.
- Documents specific duties, activities, problems solved and issues resolved.
- Assists in the documentation of the application and business processes.
- Application Support Desk.
- Attends meetings and serves on committees as requested.
- Maintains and increases knowledge and skills through attendance at meetings, conferences, seminars and in-service training sessions.
- Performs additional duties and assignments as requested.
- Travel to other divisions as requested.