Operates fabricating machines such as cutoff saws, shears, rolls, brakes, presses, forming machines’, spinning machines, and punch, that cut, shape, and bend metal plates, sheets, tubes, and structures by performing the following duties.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Analyzes work orders and reads blueprints to determine information such as material to be used, type of operations, and sequence of operations required, as needed
- Must report accurate quantities, material used, and time in MD Link.
- Reads job specifications to determine machine adjustments and material requirements.
- Sets stops or guides to specified length as indicated by scale, rule, or template.
- Positions workplace against stops or aligns layout marks with die or blade.
- Pushes button or depresses pedal to activate machine.
- Observes machine operation to detect work piece defects or machine malfunction.
- Measures work piece dimensions to determine accuracy of machine operation.
- Removes burrs, sharp edges, rust, or scale from work piece.
- Performs minor machine maintenance such as oiling machines, dies, or work pieces.
- Assists machine operators to set up machine, and stack, mark, pack, and transport finished work pieces.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb or balance, and taste or smell. This position requires lifting of up to 70 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and risk of electrical shock. The employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places and outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud. Specific rules and regulations concerning safety are communicated through supervisors, bulletin-board notices, orientation; safety meetings, published personal health and safety conduct rules and standard operating procedures.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Satisfactorily perform essential duties and meet the physical and work environment demands
This job description is not all-inclusive and represents typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform job.