The Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for leading and directing the daily activities of the Maintenance Department & Personnel.
The Maintenance Supervisor reports directly to the Plant Manager.
- Oversee new equipment is installed in accordance with all federal, state, local, and SKII applicable codes and regulations.
- Assist the Purchasing Department with vendor selection and Account billing.
- General maintenance in the shop and office.
- Supervise maintenance, janitorial, and lawn maintenance personnel
- Manufacture and install robotic welding fixtures and jigs.
- Maintain the Preventative Maintenance Program for all critical-to-production equipment.
- Monitor equipment downtime and implement corrective actions to reduce by 30% annually.
- Control equipment spare parts inventory and cost.
- Troubleshoot and repair equipment in a timely manner.
- Projects as may be assigned by the Plant Manager and/or the Executive Committee .
- Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of maintenance personnel.
- Carry out responsibilities in accordance with Steel King Industries, Inc. policies and applicable laws.
- Train employees, plan, assign and direct work processes, then appraise performance of maintenance personnel.
- Address facility complaints or issues in a timely manner.
- Identify opportunities to improve profitability.
- Build teamwork between the manufacturing department, purchasing department, shop employees and other functional groups.
- Ensure that the Maintenance personnel are trained to effectively utilize the equipment, computer software, and other tools required to successfully perform their duties.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions
- Associate’s Degree in Mechanical Repair or Manufacturing field.
- 3 – 4 years related experience.
- Basic industrial electrical knowledge and an understanding of applicable codes.
- Certification in forklift operation. The company will train, following hire, if necessary.
Skills and Abilities
- Read, analyze and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating/maintenance instructions and procedural manuals.
- Install, program, troubleshoot, and program PLCs.
- Apply skills to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral and diagram form.
- Satisfactorily perform essential duties and respond to common inquiries.
- Proficiently use computer system and Microsoft Office software.
- Possess excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Perform all necessary mathematical skills as required by the job including dealing with abstract and concrete variables.
- Maintain professionalism working with other departments .
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Employee must be able to regularly stand and walk for extended periods of time.
- Use hands to feel, finger or handle all types of materials.
- Reach with hands and arms.
- Stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- Occasionally sit, climb or balance.
- Requires regular lifting of up to 70 pounds.
- Specific vision requirements; close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust your focus.
- Must follow rules and regulations regarding safety.
- Communicate and follow Supervisor safety instructions.
- Complete orientation of new employees.
- Attend safety meetings.
- Read and understand published personal conduct health and safety rules and follow standard operating procedures.
- Perform or conduct disciplinary actions when employees are in violation of personal health safety and conduct rules.
- Assure all employees are abiding by safety rules.