Sets up and operates the automated production cell to form longitudinal bends, rolls and punches holes (when functionality is required) in the fabricated profiles. Operates all secondary equipment that is associated with the automated production cell and process. Supports the production team by assembling parts, operating machinery, bending, punching, sawing and/or welding of metal products as assigned by supervisor. Troubleshoot and repair the automated production cell when necessary.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Operate all machines and equipment within the automated manufacturing production cell with proficiency;
- Read blueprints to identify materials to be used, types of operations and sequence of operations required to produce the required production parts;
- Report accurate quantities, materials used and time spent as required for the automated production cell operation;
- Report any problems with the automated production cell to the Lead Production Cell Operator and Production Cell Supervisor;
- Assist the Lead Production Cell Operator with troubleshooting and repair of machines, equipment and programs within the automated manufacturing production cell;
- With the assistance of the Lead Production Cell Operator, test, and/or source various tools, machinery, and equipment for manufacturing;
- Assists the Lead Production Cell Operator with computer integration of PLC’s, HMI’s, VFD’s, servo and process controls;
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct periodic audits to ensure all activities (beginning to end) of the automated production cell are running properly and parts are being produced to specifications;
- Carry out automated production cell responsibilities in accordance with Steel King Industries’ policies and applicable laws;
- Work within a team environment;
- Assist the Lead Production Cell Operator in addressing and resolving any machine downtime and maintenance issues as well as be able to perform preventive maintenance on all equipment within the manufacturing cell;
- Complete all other duties and projects as assigned by the Lead Production Cell Operator, Production Cell Supervisor and/or Plant Manager.
- Associate of Science Degree in Electro-Mechanical Technology, Industrial maintenance, Automation Engineering Technology, or Electrical Engineering Technology preferred. Equivalent electrical and mechanical experience will be considered.
- Experience in and understanding of PLC’s, HMI’s, Servo Drives, and RsLogix preferred;
- 1-3 years of manufacturing experience with electrical/mechanical repair of equipment;
- 1 year experience in industrial control system operations, development, and troubleshooting;
- Understanding of machine tools, control systems, pneumatics, hydraulics, and electrical systems. (The company will provide additional training as necessary for specialized skills in these areas);
- Knowledge of or experience in lean manufacturing principles and techniques preferred
- Certification in forklift and overhead crane operation preferred;
- Experience working with control/power panels preferred.
- Any combination of education and experience that meet the requirements of the position will be considered.
- US Passport required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to travel out of the Country for training when necessary;
- Ability to become certified in forklift and overhead crane operation required;
- Ability to assist in performing electrical/mechanical assembly/disassembly to build, repair, or calibrate components and machines following correct procedures;
- Knowledge of PLC’s, HMI’s, Servo Drives, and RsLogix preferred;
- Knowledge of parallel shaft, gear, coupling, and machine rail alignment;
- Ability align automated production cell during set up and installation;
- Understanding of metal fabrication operations including powder paint application and welding concepts for certification
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office;
- Ability to learn JD Edwards manufacturing programs;
- Understanding of technical skills required in the manufacturing processes and methods including flow, layout, assembly and production equipment;
- Ability to read, interpret and follow: documents such as safety rules, operating/maintenance instructions and procedural manuals, comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos;
- Ability to follow instructions furnished in written, oral and diagram form;
- Ability to respond to common inquiries;
- Ability to, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, specifically the metric system, including whole numbers, fractions and decimals and be able to use all inspection equipment for measurements;
- Ability to operate the automated production cell within manufacturer’s specifications.