Production Supervisor reports directly to the Plant Manager.
- Maintain a safe working environment for all shop employees;
- Ensure quality products are produced and shipped to schedule;
- Assist foreman/Leadmen to maximize daily operator efficiency;
- Promote by example excellent safety habits, promptly fill out accident forms and participate in all safety programs;
- Assist Plant Manager with facility’s Hoshin Kanri Initiatives;
- Proactively address staffing levels to ensure maximum job profitability and on time delivery;
- Promote Kaizen and 5-S events;
- Assist in accurate reporting of all data;
- Implement lean initiatives;
- Develop a positive working relationship with all employees within Steel King Industries, Inc.;
- Assist in all training, recording of information and inspections that are required;
- Assist with designing, developing, testing, justifying, and/or sourcing various tools, machinery, and equipment for manufacturing methods;
- Promote good employee relations;
- Implement and administer work rules and discipline equally and fairly;
- Assist in inter-company material transfers;
- Instill good housekeeping practices;
- Conduct and participate in safety meetings;
- Other duties as assigned by the Plant Manager and/or Executive Committee.
- Represent Steel King Industries in a positive professional manner at all times;
- Assist with analyzing closed orders for profitability and in budget control;
- Manage supply and variable costs using sound judgment;
- Communicate and promote teamwork with other branch plants of Steel King Industries, Inc.;
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering, Management or related field preferred. Equivalent work experience may be given consideration;
- 3 to 5 years of supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment with welding, subassembly, painting, and metal fabrication.
Skills and Abilities
- Read, analyze and interpret engineering drawings and other documents such as safety rules, operating/maintenance instructions and procedural manuals;
- Apply skills to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral and diagram form;
- Ability to organize and plan activities;
- Satisfactorily perform essential duties and respond to common inquiries;
- Mechanical knowledge;
- Welding and MIG welding equipment knowledge is beneficial;
- Metal working knowledge is beneficial.
Personal Attributes Needed
- Open mindedness;
- Coaching skills;
- Good common sense;
- Interpersonal skills;
- Problem solving skills;
- Team oriented.