The Recruiter reports directly to the Human Resource Manager.
The Recruiter, assists facility management with managing production recruitment and staffing needs.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Analyzes current workforce, anticipates skill requirements, and builds appropriate recruiting strategies in coordination with managers and supervisors to achieve required staffing levels.
- Identify and manage third party vendor relationships (LinkedIn, Glassdoor, CareerBuilder, Staffing Agencies, Recruiters, etc.)
- Directs the efforts of employment agencies and search firms, including negotiating and controlling employment-related fees.
- Maximize social media and digital marketing to promote the brand and source candidates.
- In coordination with managers and supervisors, assists in full-cycle recruiting, including initial assessments, job descriptions, posting requirements, interviews, job offers, and initial onboarding (ex. screens and refers qualified applicants to hiring manager for interviewing. May provide initial screening to obtain work history, education, training, job skills and salary requirements).
- Leverage technology and improve efficiency by evaluating bottle-necks and process responsiveness to improve the candidate experience.
- Develop and maintain high school, trade school, college, and university engagement, recruitment, and internship programs aimed at generating qualified applicants.
- Schedules and attends job/career fairs with appropriate staff to generate qualified applicants.
- Provides information on company operations and job opportunities to potential applicants.
- Arranges travel, pre-employment drug/alcohol screens, and lodging for applicants, if necessary.
- Conducts reference and background checks.
- Develops and conducts training programs for managers with a goal of improving recruiting and hiring efficiencies and reducing turnover.
- Researches, analyzes, prepares and presents hiring and statistics.
- Maintains records on recruiting activities as required.
- Participates in development of annual recruiting budget.
- Relationship Management.
- Critical Evaluation.
- Ethical Business Practices.
- Business Acumen. This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in an office environment; however, will be also spend time in the production facility. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, printers, scanners and photocopiers.
This position may require up to 15% travel. Potential travel is outside the local area and overnight.
Steel King Industries, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Experience in Human Resources or related field required; Associate Degree in Business or related field from an accredited institution preferred;
- 1 years full-cycle recruitment experience in placing semi-skilled, and skilled manufacturing employees preferred (includes combined experience in Human Resources and talent acquisition);
- Experience in utilizing multi-media recruitment tools, sourcing, and programs;
- Adept with Passive Sourcing and candidate pipe-lining, utilizing the latest technology and social media;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite is required; experience with an applicant tracking system preferred;
- 18 years of age or older;
- Strong ability to develop relationships and influence others without authority;
- Ability to analyze data and draw sound, accountable insights;
- Eligible to work in the United States;
- Any Combination of education and experience that meets the requirements listed above will be considered.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Possess excellent oral and written communications skills;
- Possess forward thinking and creativity skills that will help the company to continually improve its position;
- Manage and prioritize multiple tasks/projects;
- Employs ethical business practices in recruitment/retention efforts;
- Possess sound judgment;
- Ability to work independently;
- Ability to work with others;
- Ability to work with and maintain confidential information;
- Ability to work a flexible schedule.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to type, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee will lift up to 10 lbs. frequently and up to 20 lbs. infrequently.
- Frequency of walking is approximately one hour per day.