Lays out, fits, and welds fabricated steel components to assemble structural forms such as pallet rack, cantilever rack and portable rack systems, along with industrial steel containers and industrial guard railing by performing the following duties.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Reads blueprints and welds assemblies to comply with engineering standards.
- Must report accurate quantities, material used, and time in MD Link.
- Lay out, positions, aligns, and fits components together.
- Bolts, clamps, and tack-welds parts to secure in position for welding.
- Sets up equipment and welds parts, by hand on automatic welding equipment using MIG welding equipment.
- Repairs products by dismantling, straightening, reshaping, and welding as required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee frequently is required to talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit and climb or balance. This position requires lifting of up to 70 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes, or airborne particles, and risk of electrical shock. The employee is occasionally exposed to vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud. Specific rules and regulations concerning safety are communicated through supervisors, bulletin-board notices, orientation, safety meetings, published personal conduct and health and safety rules, and standard operating procedures.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- 1-3 months related experience and/or training
- AWS Certification-to be provided by Steel King
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Satisfactorily perform essential duties and meet physical and work environment demands
This job description is not all-inclusive and represents typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform job.