Reports to: Plant Manager
- Improve manufacturing processes and methods for cost reduction, quality improvement and lead time
- Design, develop, test, source, and justify various tools, machinery and equipment to improve manufacturing methods.
- Develop manufacturing work standards through job analysis, best ergonomic practices, and process flow analysis.
- Develop and implement process controls and inspection processes for new processes and equipment.
- Develop and document process controls and inspection procedures for “special orders”.
- Participate in Kaizen events within the facility.
- Improve product flow in manufacturing and shipping operations.
- Data collection, analysis, and modeling.
- Cost savings analysis.
- Project planning and management.
- Coordinate manufacturing launch of new/revised products and in training team members and evaluating results.
- Represent manufacturing on cross-functional teams and during new product development meetings.
- Assist with implementing capital projects in all facilities in a timely manner, to a budget, with minimal impact on customer demands.
- Assist in establishing production standards and safety goals.
- Perform additional duties as assigned
- Understand and execute the corporate Mission and Values
- Identify opportunities to improve profitability
- Effectively utilize the equipment, computers, software and other tools provided by the company
- 5 to 7 years experience in related field
- Quality experience helpful
- Capital improvement experience helpful
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Technical skills in manufacturing processes and methods including flow, layout, assembly and production equipment
- Ability to think ahead and plan over a 3 to 6 month time span
- Ability to organize and manage multiple projects
- Ability to use and comprehend AutoCAD
- Establish working relationship with all employees to project a positive and teambuilding attitude
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, task management skills, trained in Lean Manufacturing principles, understanding of metal fabrication operations including powder paint application and welding concepts for certification
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and JD Edwards manufacturing programs
- Able to perform standard audits and utilization studies
- Production standards development
- Problem analysis and resolution