- Adheres to all safety rules and regulations along with the Company’s Standard Operating Procedures.
- Lays out, aligns, fits and welds fabricated steel components to assemble structural forms.
- Assembles structures such as pallet rack, cantilever rack, portable rack systems, industrial steel containers and industrial guard railing.
- Reads blueprints and weld assemblies to comply with engineering standards.
- Enters accurate quantities, material used and time in MD link.
- Bolts, clamps and tack-welds parts to secure in position for welding.
- Sets up equipment and welds parts by hand on automatic MIG welding equipment.
- Repairs products by dismantling, straightening, reshaping and welding as required.
- Maintains baseline production rates.
- Operates forklift to safely move materials.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
High School Diploma or GED equivalent
1-3 months related experience and/or training
AWS Certification-to be provided by Steel King
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos
Apply skills to carry out instructions furnished in written and oral form
Satisfactorily perform essential duties
Write simple correspondence
Effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to other employees
Add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure
Physical Demands and Work Environment
Regularly stand and walk for extended periods of time
Regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts
Occasionally exposed to vibration
Noise level is usually high and ear plugs are required
Use hands to feel, finger or handle all types of materials
Frequent reaching, bending, pushing and pulling
Stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl and occasionally sit, climb or balance
Requires regular lifting of up to 50 pounds
Specific vision requirements; close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust your focus
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions