Status: Full Time
Shift: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Location: Stevens Point, Wisconsin
The Accounting Associate reports to the General Accounting Manager
- Process invoicing on a daily basis; including weekly vendor commissions processing;
- Prepare special invoicing, as needed, on major projects;
- Reconcile system invoicing to special invoicing on major projects;
- Daily bank reporting, including money received at lockbox and status on account activity;
- Daily deposit of checks received at Corporate Office;
- Cash receipt processing within JD Edwards (JDE);
- Process hourly company payroll;
- Process weekly accounts payable check run, ACH & EFT;
- Manage resale and exemption certificates from customers;
- Prepare and file sales tax returns;
- Assist with the month end closing process (sales tax, journal entries, as needed, banking);
- Provide back-up for co-workers in the finance department;
- Special Projects as assigned.
- Identify opportunities to improve profitability through improved processes, cost reduction opportunities, etc.;
- Assume other special activities as may be necessary to fulfill the responsibilities of the position;
- All other duties as assigned.
- Associate’s Degree in Accounting, preferred;
- 1-3 years’ experience in accounting department.
Skills and Abilities
- Possess strong mathematical and analytical skills and be able to perform detail work with a high degree of accuracy;
- Ability to identify and define problem areas and to be able to coordinate with others to solve problems that have an effect on the standard cost system;
- Ability to interface with JDE and PC software utilized in the department;
- Manage and prioritize multiple tasks/projects;
- Possess sound judgement and decision making skills;
- Possess excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Ability to work independently.
Personal Attributes Needed
- Honesty and fairness;
- Determination and tenacity;