Status: Full Time
Shift: 1st Shift
Location: Stevens Point, Wisconsin
The Accounting Associate reports to the General Accounting Manager.
- Process invoicing on a daily basis; including weekly vendor commissions processing;
- Process 90 series invoicing on a daily basis;
- Prepare special invoicing, as needed, on major projects;
- Work on account payable function in our day-to-day operations and monthly close to ensure accurate and timely payments.
- Coordinates, maintains, and improve company Accounts Payable Automation with our existing ERP system.
- Process company expense reports using Concur for payments.
- Coordinate, maintain accounts payable vendor address book in JDE (i.e. new vendors, vendor address changes and bank information)
- Assist in Collection calls on a weekly basis;
- Prepare special documents (i.e. lien releases, applications for payments, etc.);
- Review credit on new orders, credit limits for new customers, and review credit limits for existing customers;
- Process new customer applications including bank and trade reference checking;
- Complete daily and monthly bank account reconciliation.
- Manage resale and exemption certificates from customers;
- Assist in preparing and file sales tax returns;
- Assist with the month end closing process (sales tax, journal entries as needed, banking);
- Provide back up for co-workers in the finance department;
- Special projects as assigned.
- Identify opportunities to improve profitability through improved processes, cost reduction opportunities, etc.;
- Assume other special activities as may be necessary to fulfill the responsibilities of this position.
- Associate’s Degree in Accounting, preferred;
- 6 mos. – 2 years experience in accounting department.
Skills and Abilities
- Possess strong mathematical and analytical skills and be able to perform detail work with a high degree of accuracy;
- Ability to identify and define problem areas and to be able to coordinate with others to solve problems that have an effect on the standard cost system;
- Ability to interface with JDE and PC software utilized in the department;
- Manage and prioritize multiple tasks/projects;
- Possess sound judgment and decision making skills;
- Possess excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Ability to work independently.
Personal Attributes Needed
- Honesty and fairness;
- Determination and tenacity;