The marketing communications specialist will develop marketing communications materials to effectively represent our products, services, brands and our organization to customers and prospects. The marketing communications specialist will help serve as a “voice of the organization” to the outside world, advancing the business’ interests and presenting it in the best possible light.
Duties include creating visual, digital, and written content, managing leads in CRM, tracking ROI for a variety of marketing initiatives, following up with sales staff, and supporting our customer needs.
Must be able to work both individually and collaboratively, and meeting deadlines is essential. Must be detailed oriented and able to multi-task.
- Create and manage communication and engagement initiatives – email, social media, webinars, co-marketing programs, and marketing campaigns.
- Fulfill customer requests – samples, literature, and online portal requests.
- Manage incoming leads – distribution, entry, tracking, and follow up.
- Design branded sales and marketing materials – sell sheets, brochures, social media graphics, flyers, PowerPoint presentations and more.
- Develop engaging online content including videos and graphics.
- Support company marketing events such as trade shows, regional events, and conferences.
- Collaborate with sales and marketing to understand product and communication needs.
- Gather metrics and evaluates success of campaigns.
- Share ideas and present findings.
- Manage image and video library.
- Support sales staff by providing account analyses, updating pricing sheets, creating customer specific presentations, and handling promotional and literature requests.
- Manage promotional items inventorying and ordering.
- Maintain and create content for websites company‐wide.
- Perform other duties as assigned (this list is not all inclusive).
- Any additional tasks assigned by the Director of Marketing or Executive Committee.
- BS/BA in a marketing, graphic design, business related field or equivalent experience.
- 3 – 5 years of marketing communications and graphic design experience in a marketing environment.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Expertise using MS Office Suite and Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop).
- Proven Business to Business marketing experience.
- Excellent project management, writing skills and graphic design experience.
- Photography skills to use in conjunction with graphic design projects desired.
- Must have a strong understanding of a wide range of marketing techniques.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience using B2B marketing tools and resources including CRM administration specifically Microsoft Dynamics, social media and Google Tools – HubSpot, Google Analytics, etc.
Personal Attributes Needed
- Must have a keen eye for detail with proven track record of having executed and completed projects on time.
- Strong interpersonal skills and must be able to thrive in a collaborative team environment.
- Self‐motivated and willing to learn technical products.
- Must have creative thinking abilities and problem‐solving skills.
- Willingness to participate in educational opportunities.
- High level of initiative and ability to work toward goals both independently and as part of a team.
- Strong communication skills that include excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills and the ability to communicate effectively and tactfully.
- Be someone people want to work with.
- Always act with integrity.
- Refuse to accept “good enough” as good enough.
- Have a get it done attitude.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the position. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time with, or without notice.
Steel King Industries, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. This means that we do not discriminate based on race, creed, color, national origin, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, or other classification protected under applicable law. Reasonable accommodations will be considered for qualified applicants.