Production Supervisor reports directly to the Plant Manager.
- Maintain a safe working environment for all shop employees.
- Ensure quality products are produced and shipped to schedule.
- Assist foreman/Leadmen to maximize daily operator efficiency.
- Promote by example excellent safety habits, promptly fill out accident forms and participate in all safety programs.
- Assist Plant Manager with facility’s Hoshin Kanri Initiatives
- Proactively address staffing levels to ensure maximum job profitability and on time delivery.
- Promote Kaizen and 5-S events.
- Assist in accurate reporting of all data.
- Implement lean initiatives.
- Develop a positive working relationship with all employees within Steel King Industries, Inc.
- Assist in all training, recording of information and inspections that are required.
- Assist with designing, developing, testing, justifying, and/or sourcing various tools, machinery, and equipment for manufacturing methods.
- Promote good employee relations.
- Implement and administer work rules and discipline equally and fairly.
- Assist in inter-company material transfers.
- Instill good housekeeping practices.
- Conduct and participate in safety meetings.
- Other duties as assigned by the Plant Manager and/or Executive Committee
- Represent Steel King Industries in a positive professional manner at all times.
- Assist with analyzing closed orders for profitability and in budget control.
- Manage supply and variable costs using sound judgment
- Communicate and promote teamwork with other branch plants of Steel King Industries, Inc.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering, Management or related field preferred. Equivalent work experience may be given consideration.
- 3 to 5 years of supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment with welding, subassembly, painting, and metal fabrication.
Skills and Abilities
- Read, analyze and interpret engineering drawings and other documents such as safety rules, operating/maintenance instructions and procedural manuals.
- Apply skills to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral and diagram form.
- Ability to organize and plan activities.
- Satisfactorily perform essential duties and respond to common inquiries.
- Mechanical knowledge.
- Welding and MIG welding equipment knowledge is beneficial.
- Metal working knowledge is beneficial.
Personal Attributes Needed
- Coaching skills
- Good common sense
- Interpersonal skills
- Problem solving skills
- Team oriented