- Adheres to all safety rules and regulations along with the Company’s Standard Operating Procedures.
- Lays out, aligns, fits and welds fabricated steel components to assemble structural forms.
- Assembles structures such as pallet rack, cantilever rack, portable rack systems, industrial steel containers and industrial guard railing.
- Reads blueprints and weld assemblies to comply with engineering standards.
- Enters accurate quantities, material used and time in MD link.
- Bolts, clamps and tack-welds parts to secure in position for welding.
- Sets up equipment and welds parts by hand on automatic MIG welding equipment.
- Repairs products by dismantling, straightening, reshaping and welding as required.
- Maintains baseline production rates.
- Operates forklift to safely move materials.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- 1-3 months related experience and/or training
- AWS Certification-to be provided by Steel King
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Regularly stand and walk for extended periods of time
- Regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts
- Occasionally exposed to vibration
- Noise level is usually high and ear plugs are required
- Use hands to feel, finger or handle all types of materials
- Frequent reaching, bending, pushing and pulling
- Stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl and occasionally sit, climb or balance
- Requires regular lifting of up to 50 pounds
- Specific vision requirements; close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust your focus
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions