Welder- 2nd & 3rd Shift – New London
Status: Full Time
Shift: 2nd & 3rd
Location: New London, Wisconsin
- Adheres to all safety rules and regulations along with the Company’s Standard Operating Procedures.
- Lays out, aligns, fits, and welds fabricated steel components to assemble structural forms.
- Assembles structures such as pallet rack, cantilever rack, portable rack systems, industrial steel containers and industrial guard railing.
- Reads blueprints and weld assemblies to comply with engineering standards.
- Enters accurate quantities, material used and time in MD link.
- Bolts, clamps, and tack-welds parts to secure in position for welding.
- Sets up equipment and welds parts by hand on semi-automatic welding operations.
- Repairs products by dismantling, straightening, reshaping, and welding as required.
- Maintains baseline production rates.
- Operates forklift to safely move materials.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent preferred.
- 1-3 months related experience and/or training.
- AWS Training/Certification-to be provided by Steel King.
- Any combination of education and experience will be considered.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Read, write and understand English proficiently.
- Apply skills to carry out instructions furnished in written and oral form.
- Satisfactorily perform essential duties
- Write simple correspondence.
- Effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to other employees
- Add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure.
- Read and understand a tape measure.
- Be someone people want to work with.
- Always act with integrity.
- Refuse to accept “good enough” as good enough.
- Have a get it done attitude.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Regularly stand and walk for extended periods of time.
- Regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts
- Occasionally exposed to vibration
- Noise level is usually high and ear plugs are required.
- Use hands to feel, finger or handle all types of materials.
- Frequent reaching, bending, pushing, and pulling.
- Stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl and occasionally sit, climb, or balance.
- Requires regular lifting of up to 80 pounds.
- Specific vision requirements; close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust your focus.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the position. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time with, or without notice. Steel King Industries, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. This means that we do not discriminate based on race, creed, color, national origin, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, or other classification protected under applicable law. Reasonable accommodations will be considered for qualified applicants.